On Friday night I went to a client friend’s going away party since she is moving from one agency to another, and I started talking to this guy. Things are going well. We have friends in common as well as interests, and obviously he is making a mental checklist of all my good qualities, just like I am doing for him.
- Was a producer at an ad agency (Job!)
- Now getting his MBA at Columbia (Smart!)
- Wants to be a screenwriter (Creative!)
- Wears a backpack (Nerd!)
- Good teeth (Braces!)
- Good hair (Good genes!)
- Grew up in the town next door to mine (Similar backgrounds!)
- Laughed at my lame jokes (Polite!)
Looks promising right? Until…
- Mormon (Fuck!)
- Married (C’mon!)
- 4 month old child (Sweet Lord!)
Of course I found a Mormon in Murray Hill.